CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. The highest bidder shall be the purchaser, & any dispute arising either before, during or after the sale, shall be determined by the Auctioneer.
2. Lots may be grouped, withdrawn or divided at the discretion of the Auctioneer.
3. The Vendor retains the right to fix a reserve price, or to bid for any lot.
4. Purchasers shall give their bidding number after the sale of each lot, and shall arrange for the removal of same at their own expense, of the lots so purchased on the delivery day stated, without causing damage to either the premises or other lots. Any lots not so removed may be re – sold by the Auctioneer, and any deposits forfeited. No items may be removed from sale without docket. . All goods must be paid for and collected within 2 Days
5. Lots bought or unsold by auction must be collected within 7 DAYS. After the expiry of this period, a storage charge of € 5 per item per day will be charged. Storage charges must be paid the items can be released.
6. Goods left in for sale & then withdrawn by the vendor prior to the sale are liable to a 18% charge on the value estimated by the Auctioneer
7. The goods remain on the premises at the purchaser’s risk from the fall of the hammer, & shall be taken with all imperfections, damage or errors of description. No reference is made as to the condition of the item(s) in the catalogue, but this does not imply that they are free of faults or restoration. Interested parties are deemed to have viewed the item(s) or enquire of its condition before bidding and to have fully satisfied themselves as to the condition. All condition reports must reach us 24 hours before any auction commences in order for it to be seen and dealt with.
8. The purchase money together with 19% Auctioneer’s fees and Vat @ 23% on the fees shall be payable immediately after the auction. No lots will be delivered to the purchaser until he/she has made payment in full. Payments may be made in cash, Banker’s draft, Credit transfer or guaranteed cheques, No third party cheques
9. Should a purchaser fail to comply with these conditions, he/she may forfeit the deposit & the Auctioneer may re – sell the lot or lots as he deems fit. Any deficiency in the price at the second sale shall be made good by the first purchaser but any surplus shall belong to the vendor.
10 Victor Mee Auctions Ltd do not accept responsibility for lots damaged by changes in atmospheric conditions nor shall Victor Mee Auctions be liable for any damage to glass or picture frames
11. Default, Victor Mee Auctions Ltd . Disclaims responsibility for default by either the purchaser or the vendor because he acts as the agent for the vendor only & therefore does not pay out to the vendor until payment is received from the purchaser.
12. All prospective buyers by making a bid for any of the lots advertised in the catalogue acknowledge that their attention has been drawn to these conditions of sale & that they are bound by them.
13. The Auctioneer may refuse to take any bid without giving any reason